Last updated on September 18th, 2022 at 01:33 pm
Seeking a driven and skilled YouTube and Twitch channel manager. This role is a part-time contract position with the possibility to grow into a full time position as the team is re-engineering the content management strategy and is focused on building out team capabilities and expertise.
This role will report directly to the digital marketing manager and work in tandem with the digital marketing team, the content operations team, agencies, and other key contributors such as audience development manager and content producers. Daily tasks of the Media Channel Manager will include setting the upload schedules for our YouTube and Twitch channels for all franchise content (game promotion, esports and other), handling video uploads, maintaining channel management best-practices, and configuring individual video pieces. This role, as part of the larger digital marketing and content team, will contribute directly to the overall channel health and engagement growth of our franchises.
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the YouTube and Twitch channels, in partnership with and under guidance of the digital marketing and content operations teams.
- Partner with the audience development manager(s) to implement audience development strategies both on and off YouTube to increase viewing and subscriber numbers.
- Manage the intake of internal content partners (marketing, community, esports, etc) and ensure that all individual content pieces are uploaded per schedule and are configured per internal specification (titling, thumbnails, chaptering, metadata, etc).
- Will be working with agencies in WoW and Hearthstone to help manage community posts and the social media aspect of the channels.
- Maintaining content schedules in partnership with content stakeholders.
- Act as the channel’s central point of contact for each franchise, working with the team to procure items such as thumbnails, description copy, etc.
- Manage VoD content similarly for live events on the channels.
- Take responsibility for the overall look and design of all channels and make sure they obey all relevant branding guidelines as specified by the digital marketing leads.
- Support and assist channel admins as needed (access, vod cutting/chaptering, proofing, etc.).
- Develop and maintain channel health and operations reports for the team.
- Maintain content tracking calendar.
- Able to be trusted with confidential information and content.
- Able to commit 15-hours per week, to start, with opportunity to grow.
- Monitoring sentiment and comments on videos, creating sentiment reports along with metric reports.
- Direct experience with running successful YouTube and Twitch channels or other, similar community-driven online video portals.
- Experience with brand-managing for an organization.
- Able to work on multiple workstreams.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and enjoys working with diverse teams and disciplines.
- Able to track, maintain and track/deliver work against calendars and workflow timelines.
- Have an understanding of the current global digital landscape outside of YouTube and Twitch, including relevant online locations for popular video sharing sites and popular social networks.
- Understanding of the production process of television / video would be useful.
- Can demonstrate having successfully grown an online community (channel or channels) in terms of both subscriber numbers and video views / engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus but not required / full-time college/university/certificate students accepted.