Last updated on September 6th, 2022 at 01:21 pm
- We are looking for a creative and strategic AVOD Channel Manager to help us grow our owned and operated network of channels and pages across our primary YouTube and Facebook platforms as well as emerging platforms like TikTok and Snapchat.
- Help us reach new audiences in innovative ways worldwide via our multi-platform digital network.
- The successful candidate will take responsibility for a portfolio of channels based on Drama and Comedy IP.
- The AVOD Channel Manager will focus on building channels and pages – from ideation, to launch, to day-to-day ongoing curation and maintenance.
- You will interface with multiple stakeholders across the studio, drive audience growth initiatives, oversee external vendors who are responsible for day-to-day channel management (clipping, thumbnails, optimizing, scheduling) and liaise with representatives from online platforms.
- You will work hand-in-hand with our operations, strategy, marketing, commercial, and analytics teams to find opportunities to launch new channels, optimize existing ones, and create tentpole moments that drive new audiences into our network.
- You will track the latest platform and market trends and steer our content curation to maximize reach and meet our audiences where they congregate.
- You will become part of a nimble, fast-paced content programming team, focused on driving commercial and consumer growth across the network as it expands.
- We are always evolving, always learning, and extremely passionate about film, television, and what’s next for digital video.
- Channel strategy, programming, launch and ongoing management and curation.
- Define the analytical rationale to support the launch of new channels and pages, evaluate new opportunities for channels across the studio repertoire of content.
- Responsible for expanding audience reach, revenue optimization and engagement across a growing portfolio of channels.
- Compose strategy briefs and shape programming schedules to ensure consistent channel voice and curation cadence.
- Work with content supply, distribution, and legal teams to determine content availability and usage parameters.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing teams and vendors to create and curate posts and calendars.
- Plan out and execute activations and events to acquire audiences and drive engagement.
- Manage audience amplification strategy and implementation across platforms.
- Interface with stakeholders across the studio to find opportunities for collaboration.
- Performance tracking and analysis.
- Work in tandem with the analytics team to monitor activity and trends.
- Provide regular reporting on channel performance and understand what is driving engagement and demand for our content.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of digital media experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in AVOD channel management.
- Commercial Marketing experience required managing a P&L or Marketing Budgets.
- Experience and interest in digital advertising trends, new technologies and media industry.
- Experience with content curation on social media and video platforms, particularly YouTube and Facebook preferred.
- Proficiency in multi-stakeholder project management.
- Familiarity and comfort with using research tools.
- Familiarity with studio content distribution and marketing workflows is helpful.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Strong analytical, research and quantitative skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Strong ability to develop relationships and work cross functionally across partners and stakeholders.
- Passion for drama and comedy film and television as well as a love of sitcoms and scripted television a must for this role.
- Passion for film, television, and media is also beneficial.