Last updated on September 10th, 2022 at 07:19 pm
Our Corporate Communications Content Team is charged with editorial-style, externally-published brand storytelling in support of Communications initiatives as well as our company’s reputational and business goals. We are searching for an experienced and passionate Director of Video Content, reporting to the Corporate Communications Head of Content. You will join a team that includes a senior writer and art director who work closely with the Corporate Communications Social Team, forming a combined team of 7.
- You are a content creator and strategist, with both production and content marketing skills.
- You will work with the head of content to resolve video strategy, defining key projects that align to our company’s messaging and business priorities and apportioning budget.
- Tasks include organizing and project-managing videos from concept to production (studio, field and post-production) processes to distribution.
- You will help ensure that projects run smoothly and remain on schedule and budget.
- You have the ability to be equally a doer, collaborator, and strategist.
- Each member of the team is able to craft content as well as source external resources.
- The team is tightly-knit and brainstorms weekly, so interpersonal skills are a requirement.
- You will have a proven ability to work well under the pressures of tight deadlines with minimal oversight and the experience to problem-solve.
- You have demonstrated experience in organizing and running multiple projects, including budget development and management, project tracking, troubleshooting
- Sourcing and leading a wide range of production/creative agencies and contractors are also important success criteria.
- Determine video content strategy for Corporate Communications in a collaborative environment in which decision-making is primarily based on intake from Communications partners and weekly team brainstorming sessions.
- Drive all reputational editorial-style video storytelling projects to completion on time and on budget.
- Build and maintain project plans that demonstrate a cohesive understanding of the deliverables, tasks, dependencies, staff resourcing, and team process.
- Constantly assess the project requirements and contingency plan, and communicate to the necessary stakeholders.
- Within project assessments, allocate the most appropriate agency and/or internal resources and budgets to execute a final product in line with expectations in terms of quality and time.
- Lead teams that include client stakeholders, as well as agency teams in account services, creative, strategic planning, technology, and production.
- Responsible for integrating the efforts of each discipline and ensuring roles and deliverables are clearly understood within projects and across the account.
- Responsible for leading integrated campaigns across all media.
- Partner with the art director on graphic video projects.
- Lead studio and field video production projects from concept to completion and distribution
- Keep pace with ever-evolving production and content marketing standard methodologies and innovations and make ongoing process improvement, software, agency, creative resource and equipment recommendations to ensure the highest quality work product.
- 10+ years of video production experience and 5-7 years of video content marketing/content strategy experience.
- Ability to shoot as well as strategize.
- Experience that demonstrates working with multi-disciplinary teams including Strategy, UX, Creative, Developers, and QA.
- Highly proficient in project management.
- Working knowledge of video production processes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Passionate leader who values and fosters collaborative, cohesive teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent ability to handle client expectations.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Experience handling agency relationships and vendors.
- Ability to work well, and achieve results in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and thrive under short deadlines.
- Organizational savvy: Ability to collaborate and get results within a complex organization.
- Hands-on orientation. Willingness to roll up sleeves and get the work done.
- Experience working with international teams is preferred.
- Willingness to embrace a dynamic and diverse schedule, including some travel (limited) mostly in the U.S. but occasionally internationally.
- Adobe Creative Suite including AfterEffects, Audition, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom and FinalCut Pro.
- Canon C-level cameras.
- Gaffing experience with Arri, Diva, and Dracast lights.
- Deep understanding of lenses and their uses.
- Compression standards for web.
- Color correction and grading background in SpeedGrade or DaVinici Resolve.