Last updated on September 6th, 2022 at 04:00 pm
You will help support our diverse portfolio of YouTube channels and play a crucial role in ensuring our videos live their best possible lives during the entire distribution life-cycle. In general, this position entails:
- Working across several different YouTube channels.
- Community interaction.
- Pulling data.
- Work closely with our Senior Strategists.
- Ensure best practices and growth strategies are being incorporated successfully into our channels’ distribution.
- Make sure videos are in the right specs.
- Ensure all settings are correct.
- Enable Content ID.
- Watch down every second of content to ensure no errors happen during export or upload.
- Optimize content with relevant tags and keywords.
- Ensure all links are in the description and are functional.
- Place end screens and cards.
- Make sure thumbnails are showing up correctly and no essential bits of information are blocked by on-screen elements.
- Read and correct captions for errors.
- Answer comments in real-time for the first hour after channel uploads to encourage superfan engagement.
- On a daily basis, ensure 75% of comments across all three channels are replied to or receive a heart.
- Work with channel producers to develop a show “voice” to represent the channel in comment replies.
- Ideate, create, and post 2 community tab posts per channel per week.
- Ideate, create, and post 1 story (multiple posts in one) per channel per week.
- Analyze the performance of posts and pull occasional insights to better optimize content.
- Screenshot story performance before post expires.
- Update channel pages: ensure new content is being promoted, update trailers, playlists, header art, etc. when necessary.
- Update end screens on old videos to drive to newer content.
- Update playlists, ensure newly uploaded videos are added to their designated playlists.
- Create 2-3 new playlists each month.
- Pull channel-level and video-level data monthly for the Senior Strategists to review.
- Assist the Senior Strategists with data pulling for deep dives across the network (3-4 hours per week).
- Work with the Senior Strategists to set up A/B testing, gather assets from producers, and monitor testing campaigns.
- Manage Content ID claims.
- Help maintain data storage systems.
- Assist with other processes/organizational projects to ensure the smooth operations of the YouTube Strategy department.
- A college degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good writing skills.
- A love of YouTube.
- Attention to detail.
- A love of checklists and process.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Strong grasp of Excel/Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of conditional formatting, if statements, vlookups, pivot tables, and graph creation (preferred but not required).
- Previous experience with YouTube Analytics and content creation, such as IG Stories and YouTube Community posts (preferred but not required).